Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bloody Beers

This isn't a breakthrough recipe or anything but it is the perfect summer cocktail that I happen to know some people have sadly never heard of.

I grew up with these, not illegally, as my dad made them for us kids using "near beer," or non-alcoholic beer. As a kid, we likely used V-8 or plain tomato juice but I've found that Clamato most definitely suits me best!








I believe I found the perfect recipe for bloody beers using chilled beer and Clamato, lime, salt, pepper and a bit of ice. I'm not a big fan of beer, not that I haven't sampled my fair share! We find that this drink will make any undesirable beer more than palatable. We've used all kinds, from practically clear beer, to beer so thick you can't see through it. I've never met a bloody beer I didn't like!






Bloody Beers:

Place 2 ice cubes, a pinch of kosher salt, a generous pinch of cracked black pepper and the juice of a lime wedge into a pint sized glass. Fill the glass half fill with cold beer then fill the remainder of glass with cold Clamato juice. Give it a stir and enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. Looks delish! I like to add a couple of splashes of Tabasco or Frank's Hot Sauce to mine :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo Yum! Love Frank's :) Yesterday we threw some Sriracha in ours for beach day and it was pretty great!

      Delete
  2. Can I say that it entertains me that your dad use to make them for you as kids? lol This is a delicious idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, I definitely got the taste for beer well before my time!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...